A historic landmark is located at the 468 Landmark site - the Dairy & Cheese House of the Puget's Sound Agricultural Company's Esquimalt Farm. It was built by Captain Edward Edwards Langford c1852.
The masonry construction from the 1850's is rare, and the stone construction - still in its original configuration on three walls is a record of early construction methods used by the original builders of the dairy.
The dairy and cheese house is further valued as the only tangible link to Captain Langford's original "Colwood" farm, from which the surrounding area and City took its name.
Photos courtesy of BC Archives and Stuart Stark and Associates Heritage Consultants. COLWOOD DAIRY BUILDING in the news... read more